Monday, July 1, 2024

An Autumn Like Morning


7:01


8:22

Well, it's sunny with blue skies and puffy clouds, windy and a cool 52º, so that I will have to pull out a fleece this morning before I go kayaking. We love this kind of weather, to be honest, dislike the heat of a few weeks ago. So we plan on enjoying the day. Well, it's 8:30 and I am bagging a paddle because it's too windy, the lake too choppy. 

An Autumn Sky

Sunday was a day of leisure for the most part. I didn't get up until late and kayaked for only 25 minutes because of the wind and waves, like today, I honestly can't remember doing much other than helping out in the kitchen when needed. Evie was busy on and off in the morning and afternoon, making moussaka and then freezing it for our kid's arrival. I did accomplish a few things, vacuuming the downstairs and TV room, picking up the deadfall and taking it up to the woodpile and chasing the geese off our front yard a couple of times because they make such a mess. 

Around 1:00, Evie made me lunch, scrambled eggs and toast which was perfect. I watched Tennison, then took a good nap because I was still tired even though I got close to seven hours of sleep. Around 3:30, I watched Caitlin Clark play and the Fever ended up beating the Mercury in a barn burner. It was fun to watch because it looked like they were going to get killed, trailing by 10 or more points as the game began but coming back for the win. Evie watched the game as well, occasionally taking time out to make dinner, chicken lombardy.

We ate at 6:30, the chicken (yum) and rice and a salad and I found a new film we liked called "The Short History Of The Long Road, as a teenager has to face the open road after her father dies. We also watched CBS Sunday morning before a couple of episodes of Cheers to end the evening with laughs. It was a strange day for me, fairly busy for Evie. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...