Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Chllin On Another 52º Morning

6:14

8:23

It's a beautiful lake morning, clear skies, a calm lake, and some fog rising in the distance. It should be like this most of the day, with the temperature rising to 78º.  It's just 8:30 and I paddled for 50 minutes and it was a heron morning.  I saw four herons in different spots along the lake, photographing three. 

Kayak Morning

On A Dock

At Lake's Edge

On A Tree Limb

Yesterday was a windy day, so much so that I was unable to kayak in the morning and we never even thought about taking the boat out in the afternoon because of the waves. So I had a relaxing morning, no yoga, no kayaking, just sitting around listening to the radio, writing the blog and having a couple of cups of coffee before getting ready to go biking at 10:30. I drove to Mayville, parked my car and rode the first leg of Webb's Trail, then Sea Liion Drive and beyond before returning to Mayville. I was out for an hour and it felt good to be back on my bike. 

Biking Webb's Trail

Evie had her annual wellness checkup in Westfield so she left around 12:30 and I made fried rice for my lunch although I didn't have much to put in the rice other than seasonings and scrabbled eggs. Still, it was filling and tasty. I watched my show, Tennison, and then read and napped, what else to do on a sunny, windy afternoon. Our side yard, however, was protected from the wind so I sat out there after my nap and read on a chaise lounge until Evie returned. She then joined me until it became too cool out so we decided to sit on our front porch out of the wind. By 5:00, we were having a glass of wine and Evie was prepping our dinner, breaded pork chops, fried potatoes, corn and a salad. 

We ate by 6:30, and watched Real Time With Bill Maher until Biden came on for a brief speech about the Supreme Court's decision which will affect Trump's indictments. He was back to energetic Joe but took no questions. We ended the night with the pundits discussing the court's decision and a couple of Cheers to cheer us up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...