Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Sunny, Clear Skies and Warming

7:07

9:14

It looks like a warm  4th of July holiday, in the low 80's. This morning it's already 67º and we might get some showers later in the day.

Kayak Morning

Dock Yoga

Hanging Out At Sandy Bottom

Turkey Vulture Airing Out

Yesterday, a Tuesday was back to normal. I kayaked for 50 minutes, shot some good photos of birds, came home, finished the blog, and had breakfast. I then drove to Lakewood, to yoga with Julie, in for the summer, subbing for Courtney. It was a good class, seven gals and me as usual. I was tempted to stop for coffee but bagged it and went and cashed a 15 dollar check at the bank. Hey, it's 15 bucks. When I returned home, I was surprised to see Evie was still home because she had planned a big shopping day. 

She left about noon, and I heated up the leftover chicken and rice for lunch, watched my show, Tennison, then read and napped briefly. My life does not change much these days. I was worried about Evie because she seemed to be gone forever, returning after 3:00, annoyed at the crowded store and slow check-out gal. I helped bring in the groceries, lots of bags because we are stocking up on things for our kids arrival next week. I talked her out of mowing the lawn and both of us then relaxed until 5:00 when Evie had a Zoom call and I showered. At 6:00, we picked up our neighbors, Pat and Dave and drove to Steeners in Greenhurst for the special, two steaks and fries for 30 bucks. We have been enjoying this for years, back when it was 20 bucks for two steaks and fries. Steeners was crowded but they now have a nice outdoor patio for patrons. 

On our way home, we had to take a detour because there was an accident on the bridge so we drove around the lake, through Mayville, and then home. I read this morning that a tractor-trailer had crushed a car into the cement wall but no one was hurt, fortunately. 

Chautauqua Lake Bridge

Because of the detour, we didn't get home until 8:45, just as it was getting dark. We didn't want to watch a movie so we settled on a couple more episodes of Cheers before going up to bed. It was a busy day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...