Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Partly Cloudy And Sticky

6:58

7:44

7:49

7:50

It's 7:30 as I start this and we are both up, warm in our living room because of the humidity. It's an exciting day because the first of our families arrive today, with more both Thursday and Friday. So it will be a busy day. I just looked up and it just clouded up and started to rain so I won't be kayaking. 

Tuesday was a busy day and began as usual for me with a paddle, then breakfast, and the blog. Evie left for a doctor's appointment at 9:15 only to find out the appointment was for today. Bummer. Still, she was going shopping after her appointment so she just drove to Wegmans and Aldi and spent a few hours stocking up for the next week. Meanwhile, my neighbor, Jim, helped fix the dock pieces, especially the headpiece. He always has good ideas and can fix and do almost anything. Around 11:00, two gals arrived to give our house a good cleaning. While they worked, I got out a bucket and rags and washed the front windows, working up a nice sweat because of the heat. 

Evie returned home around 1:00, just as I was having some ramen. I helped unload the car and it took a good ten minutes making me wonder where we would store all the stuff. Somehow Evie managed and even made me a sandwich to finish my lunch. We then avoided the cleaners and did a few things both in the house and out in the yard. By 3:00, they were done with the upstairs so I went up and read and took a nap. They didn't leave until 5:30 and I have to admit it was nice to have our house back. They did a decent job not great and we are tempted to use them again because they obviously need the work and money and we admired their work ethic. 

Dinner was rotisserie chicken, along with baked potatoes, a salad and broccoli. We watched The Dailly Show with Jon Stewart, always controversial and then Jeopardy, ending the night with some news and then Cheers.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...