Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Still Sunny And Hot

 

6:35

It's 7:10 as I start this and we are both up having coffee, planning our busy day. The lake is surprisingly quiet although a skier just passed by. Temperatures should get up into the 80s by this afternoon; right now, it's 66º. It's 8:40 and I paddled for forty-five minutes. The lake seemed better than yesterday and I photographed both an osprey and heron so it was a good morning paddle. 

Kayak Morning

Osprey

Heron

Yesterday was a productive day for us. I skipped going kayaking and drove to Home Depot to pick up a few things I needed to fix my dock. Once I was home, I relaxed with another cup of coffee and we finished the blog. We have a couple of cleaning ladies coming this morning so Evie wanted the screens taken out of the windows and vacuumed and washed so that was my task for much of the morning and afternoon. I did all the upstairs in the morning, and the downstairs in the afternoon and left them out in the yard to dry. It's not difficult, just takes time. 

Evie rewarded me for my good work with a couple of BLTs for lunch and I continued with my series, Justified. I am almost done with my book, City Of Ruins, and have a couple more ready for me to read on my Kindle. The afternoon was ungodly warm, at least for us, so we had fans going in all the rooms which helped and most of work was done in the morning. We both looked forward to the end of the day and wine time.

Dinner was easy, the leftover pizza from our dinner Sunday night at La Cucina Della Nonna. By the time we were done eating, I had enough pizza to last me for a week. We watched the first episode of Babylon Berlin, then the news, and ended the night with Cheers as always. It was a productive day for both of us and we are excited because tomorrow, the first of our family arrives for the week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...