Monday, July 22, 2024

Overcast, Gray And 60º

 

8:47

6:56

It's a quiet morning on the lake, a single skier and my two kayak friends out just after 7:00. What a difference between the weekend and a Monday. It's just before 9:00 and I was out on the lake for forty minutes, a practically empty lake of fishing boats, any boat for that matter and I photographed a heron along the shoreline. 

Kayak Morning

Heron

Relaxing

Yesterday began with a great paddle, lots of photos of birds, and it was cool not hot. We relaxed with our coffee planning our day, what we wanted to get done. And we really had plans to get things done until the announcement at 1:46 that Biden had decided to not run again for President. So it was a good thing that it only happened at 1:46 in the afternoon because we were able to not only get some things done in the morning but once we finished a bedroom, we decided to take a break and go for a boat ride. So we cruised for an hour over to Bemus and back on a calm later morning, thinking that we would get busy again in the afternoon. Foolish thinking. 

When we got back from the cruise, Evie made me a couple of eggs with toast and I watched a show before reading and taking a nap. When I woke from my nap, I was surprised to see Evie in the TV room watching TV. Then I realized that something big had happened and thought it concerned Biden. So we watched the pundits discuss his endorsement of Kamala Harris on and off all afternoon. Most admired Biden's decision and thought Kamala was the obvious choice to take his place. It's going to be up to her to gain the confidence of those who are undecided, and the fact that she is a relatively young black woman will help and hurt her. If she can take on Trump, and make him seem to be the ignorant blowhard that he is, she will prevail. I can't say I am passionate about her because she had been so quiet and unremarkable as Vice President. Time will tell if she can rise to the occasion.

10:20

We spent a good hour on the porch, ignoring the news, enjoying our afternoon happy hour and view, paying no attention to the media, a relief. Around 6:30, we got out the wok and I made a delicious stir fry with shrimp, broccoli, garlic, ginger, and oyster sauce. It's fairly easy and quick to make and we will certainly make it again. We watched the news, of course, then a couple of episodes of TRYING on Apple TV+ before Evie went up to bed. I then watched a half hour of Babylon Berlin before joining her. 

10:21



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...