Wednesday, July 31, 2024

A Wall Of Gray

6:53

8:46

All is gray at the moment although a half hour ago, the sun burst above the gray wall. It should be a decent day, with highs in 80s and lots of sun. It's 9:15 and I was out for 35 minutes on a mostly cloudy morning on the lake.

6:53

Bald Eagle In Victoria Tree

 Victoria Osprey 

Yesterday was a busy day for me and started with a quick paddle and a shot of a heron, the same one I see every morning I believe. After the blog and breakfast, I drove to yoga class with Julie at 9:30, always a good class. I did not linger after class but came straight home. Evie was still around but getting ready to go shopping for the week on 5% Tuesday at Wegmans. I had lunch, another half of a hoagie from Walmart and watched some of the Olympics. By 12:20, I was on my way to Erie for an appointment with my cardiologist at UPMC Hamot, about a forty-five minute drive. It was my six-month check up so it went quickly, just an EKG and talk. 

Afterward, I stopped at a Turkish coffee shop called Bakery On 5th Street. I ordered a coffee and two pieces of baklava and it was thirteen bucks. Wow. I left with a Napoleon for Evie, and was home by 3:15. I was tired from my busy day so I took a good nap and must have needed it.

Afternoon Rainbow

The rest of the afternoon went quickly with a couple of quick but heavy rain showers and a rainbow near Long Point. We watched it with a glass of wine until it was time for dinner, the pork and sauerkraust leftover from Tuesday, along with a salad, corn on the cob and potatoes. We watched most the gymnastics won my the American girls, led by Simone Biles. We ended the night with the finale of Season Three of TRYING and have one more season to go, alas. 

8:54

6:05


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...