Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Sunny But Rain Later

7:56

I woke to bright sunshine but now, at 7:44, it's hidden behind some clouds and all have turned gray. It looks like a rainy day if you can believe the weather app. Yippee. We always like having it rain, especially in Evie's garden. It's 8:50 and I was out for only a half hour because I have yoga at 9:30. I did get a couple of good photos of a heron, probably the same one I see every morning. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Great Blue Heron

Heron

Yesterday began with a boring paddle, no wildlife to speak of so I was out for just over a half hour. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do so I texted my friend to see if he wanted to meet for coffee. I also decided to go for a bike ride in Lakewood, even if I had coffee. Well, I didn't because I had a long coffee clatch with my friends, Paul, his wife Ellen, and Neal. It was fun to see them again after a few weeks of family for both of us. On the way home, I stopped at the bank and Walmart to pick up a few things for dinner. 

When I got home, Evie had been busy both in the garden and house and was pleased with getting things done. I had a hoagie from Walmart for lunch and with the added sauce and pickle, it was pretty darn good, a surprise. I then read, napped briefly, read some more then got busy in the lake. First, I rearranged the buoys so they did not bother our neighbor's boaters. Since I was already in the water, I spent a half hour pulling weeds, filling a bucket with the bastards. Sorry for the language. Then, I spent a good 20 minutes scrubbing the bottom of my boat which was filled with small shells, perhaps zebra muscles but it was a pain scrubbing and trying to get them off. I then swam, showered, and met Evie on the porch for happy hour, with pretzels and beer cheese. 

Happy Hour

Dinner was done because earlier, Evie had seared some pork ribs, added tomatoes and sauerkraut and let it bake in the oven for a couple of hours. It was tasty, one of our favorite meals, and we watched the usual, some of the Olympics, TRYING, and the news. It was a good day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...