Sunday, July 21, 2024

Hazy And Overcast

6:58

9:05

It's a busy morning already on the lake at 7:30 and the fishing tournament has yet to start. We will be having a cloudy day with temperatures reaching the high 70s if not 80º. It's 9:20 and I paddled for 50 minutes, my usual route and it was a good morning for birding as I shot an osprey, heron and a couple of wood ducks. 

Kayak Morning

Osprey

Great Blue Heron

Male Wood Duck

Female Wood Duck

Yesterday was another busy day for us, especially for Evie as we continue working to get the house back in order. It means lots of washing for Evie, changing beds in all four bedrooms, and things like that. I helped some but I mostly was busy with things outside the house. My day started with a good paddle and by 9:00, I was on my way to Jamestown to the Kia dealer to get an oil change and tire rotations. While they were working on my car, I walked next door and shopped at Tops. On my way home, I picked up peaches and corn at Petersons. When I returned, the trash was ready and I barely had enough room in my Outback for all the cardboard, bottles, cans and trash. It's always a relief to go to the Transfer Center and come home to empty trash cans and a fairly organized garage. 

Evie took time out from working to make my lunch, a quesadillas and I watched another episode of Babylon Berlin before reading and napping. Much of the afternoon, then, was spent on the front porch and Evie was mostly through with what she wanted to get done. It was pleasant on the porch, little humidity and temperatures in the 70s, so different from the week with our kids. We were tempted to go boating but it was windy and the lake was busy so we were content to just take it easy.

Full Moon

Dinner was sheet pan chicken, with tomatoes, onions, feta cheese and a sauce along with a salad and rice. We watched a new series to us, Trying, on AppleTV+ about a couple in Great Britain who tried to have children but ended up adopting. There are four seasons and we watched four episodes of the first season and so far, we like it. It's nice to find a new series we like. Before going to bed, we watched some of the WNBA game which was won my the WNBA all stars, not the US Olympic team. Before going up to bed, I stepped outside and took photos of the full moon, hanging over the lake at 10.00. 

View From Our Front Yard


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...