Monday, July 29, 2024

One Fine Day

Rhys

7:14

8:56

Guess what? It's sunny with clear skies and a warm 64º. And late afternoon, it will get up into the mid-80s alas, not our cup of tea. I got in a fairly short paddle, just over a half hour and did not see any wild life unfortunately. Still, it's always a good way to start the day, on the lake. 

Kayak Morning

Seagull And Duck

Northern Sky

Finally!

First Buds Opening

Yesterday was not a typical Sunday because we skipped walking the Chautauqua Institution. I did get a long paddle in, over to Tom's Point and back so I felt energized by my kayaking. Evie was up when I returned and helped finish up the blog. We decided that I would go for a bike ride in Long Point State Park and Evie decided to do a few chores around the house. I was happy with our deal. I drove over and parked by the bridge at 11:00 and rode through Bemus, to the park, around the park to the tip of Long Point, and back to my car, over an hour ride. It felt good to be out there, both on Lakeside Drive and the heavily wooded park. 

Biking In Green

Long Point: 2/18/24

Long Point

When I got back, I was ready for lunch,  a bagel with avocados, cream cheese, and tomatoes. I watched the USA basketball team struggle with Serbia in the first half but take over the game towards the end because Kevin Durant went 8 for 8, scoring 21 points in the first half. I was then happy to get back to my book Force Of Nature by Austrailian writer, Jane Harper. I also napped briefly of course and joined Evie out in the yard and read until we both became too hot and adjourned to the porch. I took a timeout to gas up the boat but we were both too tired by 5:00 to get out there and instead, stayed on the cool of the porch and had a glass of wine.

Coffee Time

We did not want to worry about dinner so I suggested hash brown potatoes topped with eggs, a new favorite so that's what we had. Yum. We watched the Olympics until we got bored then a couple of episodes of TRYING as they overcame one obstacle after another. I wish they would have a bout of smooth sailing instead.  I watched another episode of Justified after Evie went up to bed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...