Monday, January 1, 2024

Let It Go

Happy New Year

7:34

9:09

It's 9:15 as I start this on a new year and it's a miserable morning on the lake, fog, rain, a light wind, not exactly a fun morning for a paddle but I went out there for 35 minutes, fighting back in rain and wind, not much fun because I came in soaked! At least I did it, right.

Kayak Morning

Yesterday ended up being a good day, a typical day for a Sunday, with lots of football. I started the day as usual, with a paddle, then breakfast and the blog. I then called my sister Ellen, to wish her a happy 72nd birthday because she was born on New Year's Eve. I vaguely remember that day. We decided to go for our usual walk at the Chautauqua Institution, a good way to end the year. Surprisingly, a few others had the same idea. We walked the circumference, close to three miles and it took just about an hour. On the way home, we stopped at Tops for some groceries, making sure we had everything for our New Year's Day dinner, chicken and biscuits, at my request.

Thunder Bridge

Evie then suggested we have French toast for breakfast, a good choice, and along with some bacon, I was one happy guy. We watched the first half of the Bills game and they played poorly so I took time out to read and nap, then watched the second half, racing through commercials. They finally won ugly which is better than losing I guess. 

Jill And Mary, Crazy Chief Fans

At 4:30, the Chiefs game was on and we watched the first half, mostly because Jill and Drew flew to Kansas City for the New Year and the game. Fortunately, the Chiefs came home a winner so all four could celebrate on New Year's Eve.

Tail Gating Before The Chiefs Game

We were picked up by Linda and Ron at 5:45 for our dinner at the Landmark in Jamestown. We had beers at the bar, then were seated at either the best or worst table in the house, in a private alcove. We had our usual appetizers, calamari along with their endless salad. It was not as busy as last year for some reason but we still enjoyed getting together. I had shrimp, and scallops over pasta and Evie had salmon picata, a dish she usually orders. Linda also had the salmon and Ron sea bass. 

A Couple Of Lovelies 

For dessert, we had a pecan ball, a specialty from Pittsburgh. Evie and I had never heard of it but Linda remembers ordering it every time she went out to dinner with her parents. We ended the evening earlier than usual, getting home by 9:30 but all four of us were tired and happy to be home. And that was it for the 2023. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...