Friday, January 5, 2024

Getting Colder And Older

8:25

It will stay in the 20s most of the day of gray. The lake is calm so far so I should be able to get in a paddle, dodging some icefloes no doubt. Snow is expected tomorrow but I am not sure how much. We need it, would like it so we could say it's winter. It is 9:30 and I was out for 50 minutes, a paddle in mostly grays, down to Wells Bay and back, seeing mostly seagulls, mallards, and a couple of muskrats tooling by until they noticed me and dove under the water. 

Kayak Morning

North Towards Long Point

Thursday began with breakfast in Bemus and because we meet at 8:00.  I usually skip kayaking especially this time of the year because it does not get light until late. After the blog, I went to what's usually an easy yin yoga class and it was. When I finished savasana, basically lying on my back for ten minutes, I could hardly stand because my back was killing me. I gradually worked it out some and went to my car but it was a problem much of the day. Strange. It feels better this morning but I am going to take a few days off from yoga.

Evie as usual was playing the good housewife, getting her chores done, whatever they are but she was busy. I had the last of rice and white bean stew for lunch watched my show and then read or napped but rested the rest of the afternoon. Evie did pretty much the same after a busy morning. I wasn't even tempted to get in a walk. 

We relaxed as usual around 5:30 until it was dinner time. Evie seared some scallops, made a creamy lemon sauce, added the scallops and linguini and we had dinner, with a salad, too. We watched another episode of Fargo, and ER and started a series on AppleTV+ recommended by our daughter called Drops of God. If you are a wine enthusiast, you will love it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...