Wednesday, January 24, 2024

The Big Melt

7:56

9:06

It's after 8:00 and I have been up for an hour and a half, as the day lightens although the melting lake is heavy with fog. It's a toasty 38º and should get into the mid-40s later today with mucho rain, thus the meltdown.

Tuesday was an ugly day, with icy roads as the snow began to melt. I was up early, of course, filled the bird feeder, then spent an hour reading the various newspapers online before writing the blog and having breakfast. I was off to yoga by 9:10, a 9:30 class that was devoted to poses that might help those who have sciatica. It was an interesting class, hopefully worthwhile. After class, I hit the bank to deposit a couple of checks. It seems I often overpay or pay medical bills too early and now and then get reimbursed.

When I returned home, Evie was ready to drive to Lakewood for a hair appointment, and then shop at Wegmans. Lunch was easy, the last of the soup and a chicken salad sandwich. I watched The Wire, then returned to the couch to relax, read, nap, and wait for Evie to come home. She was out until 3:30 and by the time she returned, I emptied the dishwasher, washed up the dishes emptied the dryer, and folded the clothes. What a guy.

Evie had a Zoom call with her sisters at 5:00 and I talked with my daughter Beth for a good half hour because she is thinking seriously of accepting a full-time teaching job in a week, a big decision and change. It's nice to be wanted. Dinner was the rest of our previous night's dinner, ribs, and mac n cheese, just as good as the night before. We watched an episode of a docudrama called American Nightmare and that was enough to watch something else, Hometown and the news of Trump's victory in New Hampshire. That's a real-life American nightmare.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...