Monday, January 22, 2024

An Early Morning Sky Of Orange, Blue And Pink

7:04

7:20

7:29
Wow, what a morning sky, it's no longer gray, but varying colors of blue, cream, orange, and now pink. And it's 7:28 and the sun has yet to rise. It's a cold 10º out there and I wouldn't want to be out on the lake ice fishing like a couple of guys.

7:43

7:50

7:57

The Sundays, lately, have taken on the theme of football Sundays and I have to admit, I am getting tired of sitting in the TV room watching one game, then another like Joey Bimbo. The only thing I lack are a pile of empty beer cans. Seriously, my morning started way too early, at 6:30 so I had an eight-and-a-half hour wait for the first NFL game, a twelve-hour wait for the game I cared about, the Bills and Chiefs. So I spent a good part of the morning with Evie, sitting on the couch with my computer as we tried to figure out what to do with our day. The weather, however, was cold and overcast so we decided it just was not pleasant enough to go for a walk. After breakfast, I donned my winter jacket and hood and went out and shoveled another three to five inches of snow, clearing the car first, and then shoveling. It may be the last time I have to shovel in a while because it's going to start warming up midweek. 

Lake Walk Looking North

Once I was done, I came in and warmed up for an hour but then decided to see whether the lake was ripe for cross-country skiing. So I put on my shin-high boots and tromped through a foot of snow to the lake and walked up and down Woodlawn, testing the ice. When I neared the two creeks, my boots sunk a couple inches and got wet so it would not have been good for cross-country skiing because my skis would ice up. If I stayed away from the creeks, I would be fine. I was out for 25 minutes, the wind belting my face when I walked north so I had enough and decided to stay inside for the rest of the day.

South

When I came in, Evie had been busy prepping things, like putting together cheddar cheese sour cream biscuits for our chili dinner. Around 12:30, she made me one of my favorite breakfasts, a Turkish omelet, with feta cheese, tomatoes, and scallions. Yum Yum. I realized that Iowa women were playing Ohio State and I wanted to see Caitlin Clark play so I watched the first half. She is amazing, the women's Stephen Curry. At half-time, I decided to take a nap because I had a bad night and slept for at least an hour, dead to the world. 

4:52 PM

I read some then watched the first half of the Detroit/Tampa Bay game, then read for a half hour or more and watched the rest of the game, skipping the commercials. By 5:30, Evie had the cheddar biscuits made and we couldn't wait, so we each had two before the start of the Bills game. Once the game started, we had our chili and a couple more biscuits and were happy with the way the Bills played in the first half. The second half was another story and the Bills lost again to the Chiefs, 27-24, leaving many Buffalo fans in tears. It was 9:45 by the time the game and the follow-up were over so we went to bed depressed for the Bills fans, but happy too because our kids are Chiefs fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...