Thursday, January 25, 2024

Heavy Fog

7:14

7:35

It's 7:10 and so foggy that I can hardly see beyond the shoreline. The big melt began yesterday, the front yard has melted, and the temperature was in the 40s most of the day. This morning it's also 40º and will stay there most of the day,

Yesterday was the usual, so I don't have a lot to say that's different. No kayaking obviously, just a long coffee morning, finishing the blog, and having breakfast. I was off to a rigorous yoga class by 9:40 and the fog was not bad yet. I managed to make it through class, then came straight home, not feeling like a coffee and no need to shop. Evie suggested for lunch an appetizer she made a couple of days ago and had frozen, Buffalo chicken egg rolls, It was a good choice and I downed four of them in blue cheese dressing while watching The Wire. I cannot remember what I did the rest of the afternoon but I assume I read some, napped some, and got nothing done. By 5:00, however, I remember taking a shower because we were going to the Viking for dinner with neighbors.

4:55 PM

So we picked them up, Jim, Barb, and Newt, and drove in a heavy, scary fog over to the Viking Club, arriving at 6:00. Despite the fog, it was busier than we expected but we easily found a table and ordered beers. It was a fun night, with lots of wings and beers, a good way to spend an ugly evening in January. We stayed until almost 9:00, almost closing down the place. The fog let up a bit on the way home but there were still patches that were heavy and dangerous. We watched some news and Colbert then had enough for the day and went up to bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...