Tuesday, January 30, 2024

In The 30's And Gray

7:38

A typical winter morning here, a dusting of snow both on the lawn and lake and 30º. It's not cold enough for the ice to thicken even though the lake is frozen. And no snow is forecast for the next week or two, alas, making us wonder where went winter. Also, it's hard to believe that February has just about arrived. Where did January go? 

Kinney's Run

Victoria Path To The Lake

Mondays are the only day of the week when I don't have a yoga class to attend. So it's wide open and I usually try to find something to do other than lay around and read. So after the blog and breakfast and a long coffee, I decided to go for a hike in our neighborhood woods, still slightly snow-covered. The ground was still frozen so it was an easy 40-minute hike around the Woodlawn/Victoria woods. I have not been doing much walking or hiking lately so I was surprised how tired I was when I returned. We then decided to get something done and went upstairs and put up blackout curtains in a second bedroom. Of course, Mr. Handy Man made quite a project out of it but got it done. 

Open Water 

Looking North To Woodlawn

It was lunchtime after our chore and I had a quesadillas and the last of Evie's carrot soup. For some reason, I was tired enough to take a quick half-hour nap before driving off to the KIA dealer for an appointment at 2:00. My Sportage was losing oil for some reason and I was worried about it. Fortunately, it was just a loose gasket which was easily fixed and I also got an oil change and tire rotation so I am good to go for the next 7000 miles. I then stopped at Tops which is next door to the Kia dealer and picked up a few things in a nearly empty store. I wonder how they keep open.

I was home by 4:00, happy to be back on my couch reading my book. By 5:00, we were enjoying happy hour, a glass of wine, and the always depressing news. Dinner was a classic, steak, baked potatoes, brussel sprouts, and a salad, with baklava for dessert, thanks to Linda. We hesitate to say that we watched, the first two episodes of ER for the heck of it, just to see how they compared after watching all 15 seasons. Both were compelling and we could see why the show took off. We ended the night with Hometown before I watched some basketball. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...