Wednesday, January 17, 2024

6:55

7:56

8:16

It's  7:30 and I have been up for over an hour, watching the sky change. It's cold out there when I walk out on the porch for a photo of the morning sky. I just noticed the birds are finally up at the feeder, seemingly waiting for morning light. And we finally are getting woodpeckers and junco at the feeder along with many other species. I am surprised that I have yet to see an ice fisherman out on the lake. Usually, they are out there despite the thin ice and cold.

Breakfasting

Yesterday was not quite as cold as today but we had snow showers on and off in the morning. I was up later than usual which was nice, getting seven hours as opposed to this morning's six. I felt pretty good after coffee and breakfast so I decided to brave the cold weather and snowy roads and go to yoga class in Lakewood.  It was a good choice as the four regulars also made it to class with Courtney. It was a good class and I am glad I went and needed to get out of the house and do something rather than sit around and read. On the way home, I put gas in the car and stopped at Sav A Lot to pick up a few things. I don't know how the store survives because there are never more than five or six people shopping. 

When I returned, I decided to shovel the parking area and have to admit it felt good to be outside, especially when there was no wind. Once that was done, Evie had my lunch ready, a couple of BLTs, and the leftover mac n cheese. I am now on the fifth season of The Wire which unlike the fourth season emphasized the failing Baltimore school system, it emphasizes the troubled, changing newspaper world. 

Afternoon White Out

After lunch, I returned to my Lincoln Lawyer book, Resurrection Walk, and finished it after I napped. I started a new novel, much acclaimed, The Bee Sting, and am not sure about it. So I started Michael Connelly's first Bosch novel, The Black Echo. I will probably stick with both. At 5:00, Evie had her Zoom call with her sisters until 5:45, then relaxed for a bit before finishing up our dinner, chicken thighs with a lemon yogurt sauce and spinach rice.  With a salad, we were content and decided to watch the Emmy's fast-forwarding through many of the boring speeches, the only way to watch them. We ended the night with a really moving ER, as four of the original cast returned briefly. And that was it for the night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...