Monday, January 15, 2024

Frozen Lake And 6º

7:40

7:59

It's 8:50 as I start this and I was up at 7:20, sleeping in, sort of. It's a spectacular lake morning, with lots of sun, blue skies, and a white, frozen lake, at least in front of our house.  Off to the north, it's still open.  It looks like I will not be kayaking for a while, but if it warms up a bit, we might be out cross-country skiing once the lake is safe.

Cardinal Feeding

Windblown

Yesterday was a lazy, leisurely, whatever you want to call it kind of Sunday. I was feeling blah, with no energy so my only activity was to clean the snow off the car and quickly shovel the parking area because the temperature was in single digits. So our morning was typical, with a long coffee hour, the blog and breakfast. I am a bit at a loss when I don't have something to do in the morning, like yoga or a hike. So mostly, I read or was on my computer, catching up on various articles in both the NYTimes and Washington Post. Evie, however, was a busy beaver, giving our downstairs bathroom a deep cleaning while I sat around doing nothing. She did take time out to make me breakfast, french toast and it was yummy, with cinnamon and lots of syrup. I am a lucky guy.

Sunday Afternoon Sky

Because the Bills game was moved to today at 4:30, our afternoon was football-free until 4:30 when the Cowboys/Packers playoff game was on. So I got in a good nap and Evie finished with her work and watched some TV. I watched the first half of the Packers game, as they demolished the Cowboys, right from the start. Evie got busy in the kitchen around 5:00 and put together our dinner, a throwback to the 1950s, Salisbury steak with mushroom gravy and mashed potatoes. We loved it and I even had seconds. We watched two episodes of a series on Hulu called A Murder At The End Of The World. It was pretty intense so two episodes were enough. We then watched some of the Rams/Lions games and ended the night with Hometown, a favorite. Evie then went up to bed but I stayed up and watched the third quarter of the Lions game before having enough football for the day and went up to bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...