Thursday, January 18, 2024

Flurries and 18º

7:35

9:10

It's 7:20 and just becoming light, the sky and lake a fluorescent blue/gray. A few snowflakes are falling although we have gotten little snow compared to the couple of feet, north and east of us in Buffalo, some 75 miles away. It's 9:15 as I finish this and I just returned from breakfast in Bemus Point, driving in flurries. 

Yesterday was a long day because I had some YAG LASER surgery done in the afternoon. The morning was as usual, with cold weather, a frozen lake, the blog, and breakfast. Despite the single digits, I drove to yoga in Lakewood with Tara, joining four others. I was a bit lazy to start but left feeling much more energetic, one of the values of yoga. When I got home, Evie had been busy with bedrooms and needed my help to hang blackout curtains later today. They look neat and tidy although little has changed other than changing sheets and vacuuming. Lunch was the leftover chicken and spinach rice and I watched my show.

I was supposed to be in Warren, PA, my eye doctor's office, a forty-minute drive from here. So we left at 1:30, got there at 2:10 and the waiting room was overflowing with people. The last time I was there I waited over two hours for my procedure and worried the same thing would happen yesterday. As Ralph Waldo Emerson asked, "How much of human life is lost in waiting." I knew it would be at least an hour or more for a two-minute procedure so Evie left and went to Walmart, about five minutes away. I waited to be called until 3:30, got my eye drops, waited another 15 minutes, then was taken into the eye doctor's room, sat in a chair, got a jelly put in my eye, was zapped, and viola, one minute later, my eye was no longer cloudy, the miracle of modern medicine. I guess it was worth the wait. The best part, however, was the ride home, through the beautiful hills and farms of Pennsylvania and New York.

Winterscape

Evie returned literally just as I was done, happy with her shopping at Walmart, the best she's ever been in, clean, with lots of help, and stocked with everything. Oh, yeah, she also stopped at Burger King for a junior whopper, both of our new temptations. We were home by 4;15, ready to relax on the couch with a glass of vino and listen to the news about Trump. What else is there to talk about. And for the first time, fishing tents were out on the lake, just off of Long Point, braving the cold and wind.

First Ice Fishermen Of The Year

Dinner was a pizza from Walmart, not bad, and a salad and we were excited to watch the last episode of Fargo on Hulu and were not disappointed. It's worth watching. And we also watched another episode of ER and have maybe two or three left after 15 seasons. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...