Saturday, January 13, 2024

Threatening Sky, Heavy Winds And Snow Predicted

7:10

7:10

7:38

8:43

8:43

It's 7:40 and strangely, there's little wind at the moment, a calm lake, and an occasional drizzle. No snow to speak of but the wind is supposed to pick up once again around 9:00. Well, it's 10:15 and I have been to the Transfer Station and now am at Ryders Cup because once again we have no wifi. I did get in a wonderful paddle for 40 minutes, the lake calm, the sky gray. On my way back, it started to sleet, covering my jacket and kayak. Right now it's beginning to snow in Lakewood and am getting lots of alerts about heavy snow and wind over the next 24 hours.

Kayak Morning

North From The Reeds

Sleet

Yesterday was a busy day although I did not get to yoga class. It started with a good paddle, down to Sandy Bottom and back, then the blog and breakfast. We were leaving for my good friend Joe's funeral at St Luke Episcopal Church in Jamestown at 11:00 but I did get in a short walk up the hill and back, just to feel like I got some exercise. The church was packed with all of Joe's friends and the service was extraordinary, a mixture of modern and classical music, hymns, readings by grandchildren, and two wonderful eulogies by his son Mark and good friend Tom. It almost made us want to go to church.  Unfortunately, we could not stay for the gathering after the proceedings because both Evie and I had doctor's appointments, scheduled way in advance. After Evie's, I dropped her off at TJ because mine was not until 1:40 in Jamestown at the dermatologist. I received my semi-annual body scan and passed with flying colors. I  then stopped at the bank, picked up Evie at TJ's, and stopped at SavA Lot for some basics we forgot when we shopped on Thursday. 

Hiking Woodlawn

It was a busy afternoon so we were glad to get home, back to routine, the comfort of home. The winds, however, were scary, pounding our house, and the curtain on our front porch, so that we were worried about losing both electricity and cable but, fortunately, we still have both. After happy hour, Evie fried up a couple of Greek turkey burgers from Wegman's and heated up Bob Evans mac n cheese and we had dinner, with a salad, or course. We warched a Jack Reacher, predictable but fun, then ER and some HGTV before bed. Our tastes do not change, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...