Friday, January 26, 2024

A Spring Like 51º In January

7:13


I couldn't believe it when I looked at my watch and it said the temperature was 51º, warmer than Dallas where my daughter lives but there is no global warming, right.  We have been sitting here enjoying watching a muskrat sitting on the ice, enjoying a breakfast of what we assume are mussels. 

A Chubby Muskrat Through The Fog

Muskrat Feasting On Mussels

Yesterday was a busy morning for me and fortunately, I was up early. I had my coffee, wrote the blog the drove over to Bemus for breakfast with Jack at the Lake Life Cafe. He's doing well from his knee replacement and was able to drive to Bemus for the first time. After breakfast, I drove in the fog to Erie for a doctor's appointment with my cardiologist at Hamot. Rather than seeing one in Ashtabula, Ohio, I decided to switch to one in Erie, an hour closer. He seems to be a good guy so I will be going back as needed. I waited maybe five minutes for my appointment, unlike Ashtabula where I have often waited an hour or two. On my way home, I stopped at Orton's Market, just off of #90 on #89. It's been there since 1938, mostly vegetables and milk products and cherry pies. I bought a pie and a couple of chocolate milk for Evie from Pot Of Gold Dairy. 

I was home earlier than I expected around noon. I was not very hungry so I had a chicken salad sandwich even though Evie had a pot of spicy carrot soup simmering on the stove. Since I was up early, I was looking forward to my usual nap but started a new book, The River We Remember by one of my favorite novelists, William Kent Krueger. So I read for a good hour before napping, the good life. At 3:00, we met with our lawyer and finalized our Revocable Trust, something we wanted to get done for a couple of months. We then did a quick run through Wegmans, a very busy place at 5:30 on a Thursday. We then enjoyed a glass of wine, watching the lake melt under the gray sky, and thinking about what to have for dinner. We finally decided on leftovers, again, the ribs and mac n cheese as well as a bowl of Evie's soup. We are somewhat at a loss as to what to watch and decided on the second episode of American Nightmare because Micheal Smerconish highly recommended it. Why, we are not sure but we are not taken with it. We then watched an episode of Off The Grid, and in this one, a guy built a Greek-style home, with the front reminding us of a Greek Temple in the middle of a forest in Tennessee. It was actually pretty cool. After that, it was time for bed. 














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...