Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Just Gray

8:52

It's 7:40 and I have been up for an hour, waiting for the sky to lighten to a universal gray. I am getting tired of these overcast days and long for winter, especially some snow. It's almost 9:00 and I was out kayaking for only a half hour. Fortunately, the wind did not pick up and the only wildlife was mallards and crows, not too exciting. 

Kayak Morning

North Sky

Yesterday was a strange day for a Tuesday because I skipped yoga and didn't get out for a paddle until around 9:30 and published the blog around 10:00. That's what happens when I get lazy and say no to an early paddle. Anyway, after breakfast and the blog, I wanted to go for a walk. Evie, however, was content to stay home because she was going shopping so I drove over to Long Point State Park and walked its perimeter for forty-five minutes, a bit of white painted on the trees. I ran into two walkers, one with a  dog that came at me and almost knocked over the guy as he struggled to hold him back. Nice dog!

Another Bike Path

Long Point State Park

Another Bike Path

When I returned home, it was lunchtime and I had another bowl of my white bean stew with rice. Yum. I am still on the fourth season of The Wire, my least favorite season so far, with its emphasis on young gangbangers and politics. Evie was shopping so it was a quiet house, with nothing that I had to do. So I tried to nap to no avail so I ended up reading most of the afternoon, almost finishing my Dismas Hardy novel, the 13th I think. Evie returned with two living room chairs from TJ but will probably go back because they don't seem to fit in our living room, alas.

Before her Zoom call with her sisters, she put together biscuits, for our chicken and biscuit dinner. By 6:30, the chicken and biscuits were ready and we enjoyed it while watching TV. We both had two helpings. We decided to finally watch A Nearly Normal Family on Netflix and stuck with it through five episodes, saving the last episode for tonight. We then watched some news, a bit of basketball and went to bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...