Friday, January 19, 2024

A Few Inches Of Snow Overnight

7:35

8:10

It's another cold, snow-covered morning and 18º. A few ice fishermen were out on the lake by 7:00 when I got up. I will be out in an hour or so and clean off the car, then shovel our parking space again, keeping up with the snow. Fortunately, because it's so cold, the snow is light and fluffy.

Sitting On A Bucket This Morning At 7:30

Thursday was typical for this time of the year. I was up early, by 6:30, had my coffee, wrote most of the blog, and was off to Bemus for breakfast by 7:50. By 9:30, I was home, finished the blog, and was on my way to Yin Yoga. Class, as usual, was crowded but good and I left feeling groovy. While I was gone, Evie noticed that the birds that usually hang out in our rhododendrons, next to the bird feeder had disappeared. She found out why when she looked out the window, into the rhodos and a hawk flew out. The birds are back this morning. 

Ice Fisherman With An Auger

Evie made me tuna sandwiches for lunch, to go along with her veggie soup and I watched The Wire.  Since I was up so early, I napped for almost an hour and then spent most of the afternoon reading my Micheal Connelly novel. It's the first of 37 that he has written, a police procedural with Harry Bosch, taking crime scene photos with Polaroid, writing up his notes on a typewriter. and there's no cell phone! The good old days. I should have taken a hike or cross-country skied but I was too lazy. Mid-afternoon Evie gave me a much-needed shearing so I look presentable, a difficult task. 

Ice Fishing Tent

The afternoon ended on a high note, however, with sushi, appetizers, and a Mannie or two, to celebrate winter late afternoons and early evenings. Dinner was mostly made, spaghetti and meatballs, so all Evie had to do was boil the noodles and make a salad and we had a great dinner. We watched the usual, an ER, the news, and a couple of HGTV shows.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...