Sunday, December 31, 2023

Calm And Quiet New Year's Eve Morning

7:35

8:30

December 30th,  2017

It's later than usual as I start this, 8:15 because I got up later than my usual 6:00, at 7:15 a bonus. The lake is an inviting gray pool of calmness, the only sound is the cawing of crows. It's 9:45 and I kayaked for 50 minutes, north, down past Magnolia to Whitney Bay on an amazing lake morning, of fifty shades of gray and I even photographed some buffleheads before they took off. A good way to end 2023.

North

Whitney Bay

A Trio Of Buffleheads

Yesterday was a day of leisure or a wasted day depending on how you look at it. It started with my usual forty-minute paddle in a drizzle that hardly wetted my rain jacket. When I returned, I had breakfast, finished the blog and then sat down to decide with Evie our plans for the day. We finally agreed to go over to Bemus Point for a walk. So while Evie got ready, I gathered the trash from the past weekend and we dropped it off at the Transfer Station at 10:30. We then walked along Lakeside Drive for an unpleasant half hour because of the wind from the west. We then did a quick run through Skillmans, a clothing store that was having a 65% off sale. Of course, anything we wanted was not on sale. Evie did find a purse she liked but the line at the single cashier was so long she said the heck with it and we drove home.

And that was it for the day, other than enjoying a lunch of soup and pizza from the freezer. I watched my show, then started a new Dismas Hardy novel and napped. Evie watched some TV while I was reading and napping, then we traded places and I watched some football. We were looking forward to our happy hour, a good cheese, a Manhattan, and we were hoping for a snowfall. 

Falling Sleet/Snow

And just as we sat down, it began to snow so we were happy. Dinner was easy because Evie had made the pasta and mushroom and meatball sauce earlier so all we needed to do was heat it up. We watched some HGTV, and ended the night with the first half of the Lions/Cowboys game, the end to an easy day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...