Sunday, January 7, 2024

We Got Snow

Happy To Be Walking In The Snow

9:27

It's later than usual as I start this, 9:40 but I didn't get out on the lake until 8:40 and was out for 35 minutes, down to the reeds and back. It was a wet snow as I paddled and the wind began to pick up on my way back. I did see an eagle and got a photo of him which was great. Overnight, we must have gotten four or five inches of wet snow.

Kayak Morning

Ice Chunks Among The Reeds

The Reeds, Looking South

Victoria In The Snow

North

Woodlawn Looking North

A Bald Eagle

Yesterday was an unusual morning for me because I didn't kayak because of the heavy winds. So I had a long, leisurely morning until it was time to gather the trash for the Transfer Station. Evie and I wanted to get in a hike so we decided on Dobbins Woods, about ten minutes away. First, we stopped at the Transfer Station and got rid of our trash then drove to Dobbins Woods. It used to be our favorite hike but we haven't been lately for some reason, perhaps because they have put in boardwalks along wet areas, at least fifty or more. I can't remember it being that wet but I guess it was. Anyways, we were out for forty-five minutes on a snow-covered trail. It felt good to be out there, perfect weather, just cold enough that we didn't work up much of a sweat.

Among The Hemlocks

On The Board Walk

Some Green

Hemlock Row

We were home by 12:30 and lunch was the last of the white bean stew, yum, and a half of sub from Wegmans. I watched another episode of The Wire of course, then got back to my book and fell asleep for a bit. The rest of the afternoon went quickly, as we got a few things done, watched TV, some basketball, and read until 5:30 when we began our happy hour as it began to snow. We had a  good cheese and endamae and were happy looking at photo albums from past summers. What fun but made us miss our family even more!

A Few Photo Albums From Summers Past

Earlier, Evie had put together a stir fry with ramen noodles, chicken, broccoli, mushrooms, bean sprouts, and a spicy peanut sauce. It was delicious, just what we wanted and we watched a couple of ERs, HGTV, and then a bit of football before bed. 

7:10 PM


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...