Saturday, May 13, 2023

West Virginia Bound

6:38

8:25

It's 7:10, a lightly overcast morning, with little wind and a warm 57º. We are off to my granddaughter's graduation today from WVU, the ceremony is tomorrow at 11:00 in Morgantown, WV. We are not leaving until around noon, so we have the morning to get to the Transfer Station and do some packing for our three-day, two-night trip. It's 8:25 and I paddled for forty minutes, the usual, down to Bootey Bay and back, on a placid lake, with hardly any wind, and overcast. 

Kayak Morning

Bald Eagle At Bootey Bay

Yesterday we received a taste of summer weather and we did not do well. Kayaking was fine, as the temperature was in the 50s. But later in the morning, when the sun came out, the temperature jumped into the high 70s, making it almost too warm to get things done. Evie mowed the lawn but it was too hot to do much gardening. And she stopped every 15 minutes to relax, soaked with sweat. I did some work in the garden, turning over the soil and pulling out the weeds but like her, 15-20 minutes was enough before I took a time out. So that was how our morning and afternoon went. I also cleaned the Kia and filled it up with gas so is ready for our trip today. 

Lunch was an egg, sausage, and cheese English muffin and I watched some of the Nuggets game before deciding I had enough and went upstairs again, to nap, tired already from the day. This sinus infection or cold has sapped me of energy and I am wondering how long it will take to get back to normal. Neither of us did much in the afternoon. Around 3:30, Evie decided I needed a hair cut so we went out in the yard and I received a good shearing so I will be presentable at Hayden's graduation on Sunday. I took a shower then joined Evie on the front porch for wine time as the lake settled down, the jet skis and boats went home. 

Dinner was fish tacos, with the leftover tilapia, veggies, avocado, and salsa, a tasty dinner. We still have not found a new series so we stuck with the usual, Jeopardy and ER, then some basketball when Evie went up to bed earlier than usual. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...