Monday, May 8, 2023

Mostly Cloudy

6:40

7:44

7:54

9:14

It's 7:46 and the sun just burst out, through the clouds although it quickly disappeared back behind the cloud bank. It's 46º, with a light wind, and a raft of ducks floating by our yard. I was up at 6:20 after a bad night but I am starting to feel more like myself and even am tempted to kayak but don't quite have enough energy to get out there. Well, I did it. I went out and kayaked for a half hour and it was amazing. I could not have asked for a more beautiful spring morning.

Kayak Morning

Buffleheads

North

Blue Skies

In the past few days, a number of our neighbor's docks have been put in to the lake.  I had forgotten how beautiful the lake looks when all the docks are out, the shoreline clear of docks and boat lifts. Now, however, when I look out, it's a patchwork of wood or metal docks, extending 50 to a hundred feet into the lake,  often obscuring the view. 

More Buffleheads

Mallards

Sunday was a blur, mostly because it was the same as the previous seven days. Not much has changed for me over the past week, basically, sit around, drink lots of liquids, cough, take a cough drop, read, nap and occasionally have something to eat. Meanwhile, Evie has been a whirlwind, getting lots of things done in her garden as well as taking care of me. So yesterday, she finished most of the potting of her dahlias and cleaned and vacuumed the back porch where we will be keeping the dahlias and geraniums whenever the night temperature drops to near freezing. The dahlias will not be put in the ground until early June. 

Breakfast was my usual for once, yogurt with granola, hemp hearts, and blueberries. It tided me over until lunch, french toast. I watched some of the NBA playoffs once again even though I know who won the game. After lunch, I was whooped from sitting around, watching basketball, and reading so I went upstairs and took another good nap, close to two hours. 

Around 3:00, Evie closed up shop and I helped put things on the porch before it started to rain. By 5:00, the sun came out, the lake calmed down and I went for a 15-minute paddle, looking for a Martin house gourd which I lost a week ago. I assume it has sunk near where I put up my house and the lake was clear but I never saw it so I will have to enlarge my search. 

Dinner was a mishmash, fried up baked potatoes, eggs, soup, and a salad. Easy and good, we were happy to be relaxed in our TV room, watching our shows. Around 9:30, Evie went up to bed and I watched the second half of the Denver/Phoenix game. I don't think I have ever seen a better game; neither team could miss and Jokic ended up with 50 points although his team lost. Devon Booker couldn't miss and scored 36 points, shooting 79 percent over the past two games from the field. It was worth staying up until 11:00 .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...