Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Lots Of Clouds And Windy

7:23

7:53

It's just after 8:00 as I begin this and I have been up for less than an hour. It's too windy to kayak, alas, so I have to satisfy myself by looking at the rough lake. Evie's up and just as she came down, a heron flew onto our dock, paused for a couple of minutes, and then was chased away by another heron. Cool beans.

Heron On Our Dock

Yesterday was a beautiful spring day, just what we needed after a busy weekend road trip. I got in a great paddle, then had breakfast and finished the blog, in no hurry because I am not yet ready to continue with yoga. I decided to make some kuru fasulye (white bean stew). I pressure-cooked a pound of great northern beans, and sauteed onions, pancetta, tomato paste, tomatoes, and spices. Once it was ready, I added the beans and chicken stock, simmered it for a half hour and I had my lunch for the next few days.

Around 11:00, I drove off to Westfield for a blood test and made it just as the clinic was closing for lunch. I had a fun talk with the nurse who is an avid kayaker but stays on creeks and rivers so she gave me some suggestions as to where else to kayak. I was home by noon and enjoying my kuru fasulye by 12:30 and watching Sports Center on TV as they discussed the Lakers/Nuggets match-up. By 1:30, I was briefly napping, having finished my book, John D, Mc Donald's The Deep Blue Good Bye, and started The Angel Maker by Alex North. By 3:00, we were both out working in the garden, weeding, moving plants, trimming, and things like that but none were too arduous. 

"Our House Is A Very, Very, Very Fine House"

We ended up relaxing on chaise lounges, enjoying the beauty of a late afternoon on the lake. Evie had a Zoom call with her sisters at 5:00 and after, we had our first Manhattan in a couple of weeks to celebrate both of us feeling better. Dinner was lamb chops roasted in the air fryer, along with a salad and lentils, cooked quickly in a microwave. We are back to our normal TV, of Jeopardy Masters and ER and once Evie went up to bed, I watched the first half of the Lakers/Nuggets game. It was a good day, a good day to be home again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...