Thursday, May 25, 2023

Sunny But Cool

6:29

8:04

It's 6:30, and the sun is filling the living room on a 37º morning, quite a contrast to yesterday morning's 54º. No kayaking this morning because I am picking up my boat at Prendergast Point and bringing it back to our dock, a sure sign that summer is nearing. 

Yesterday began as usual with a kayak paddle for forty minutes but then I was on my way to see the doctor once again in Westfield, for my cough and eye. He gave me another strong antibiotic for the cough and eye drops for my conjunctivitis. I am still coughing this morning and lack mojo but hope I will start feeling better sooner rather than later. It's been four weeks since I came down with whatever ails me. When I returned home, Evie was inspired and decided to deep clean one of the bedrooms which means washing the windows, the screens, cleaning the blinds, walls, etc, taking apart the bed and washing everything and once all was done, giving it a good vacuuming. Then, once the bedding was washed and dried, the bed was made. I helped some when needed, but Evie did most of the work and it took most of the morning. Now she only has three more bedrooms to go.

Lunch was Evie's soup and toasted cheese and I watched the Nuggets beat the Lakers from two nights ago. Lebron had 40 points but the Lakers still lost. By 1;00, I was reading on the couch and Evie was relaxing, watching some TV. And that's the way the rest of the afternoon went with us relaxing and doing a few things both inside and out but after the morning, neither of us had much energy, happy to enjoy the day. Our neighbors' kids were busy, however, going through the house and garage, deciding what to keep and what to be thrown out or sold at a yard sale. There's a lot of stuff after fifty years of summer living. It took four of them to get most of it done.

Dinner was the leftover chicken and rice and Evie roasted slices of cabbage and made a salad for our dinner. It felt good to be back in our TV room, enjoying dinner and watching our shows, Jeopardy Masters, ER, and The Americans. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...