Sunday, May 7, 2023

47º And Overcast

Dahlia Lady

6:48

7:53

The sun was out briefly when I got up at 6:45 but then the clouds came in, the wind picked up and we are back to Chautauqua gray. I just looked out the window and my weekend kayak buddies are out, paddling this way. Let's hope it doesn't rain.

Buddha In Spring

Yesterday was a gorgeous day, the kind you think Spring should be. Sunny, blue skies, temperatures in the high 50s. I am feeling a bit better but still have this annoying cough that won't go away, making it difficult to sleep. So I had my typical day lately, of doing little if anything, while Evie did everything, her chores as well as mine. Throughout the day, I did try to help out some, like cleaning up the kitchen or emptying the dishwasher but that was about it. 

She was busy much of the morning with her dahlias, potting them in yogurt containers, and making sure they look healthy. We stored a bunch in the crawl space so I did grab the container and pull it out and many of the tubers had started to sprout. It will be interesting to see how the ones we kept during the winter do in the garden. I watched some basketball that I had taped from the night before, read, and waited for my breakfast. Evie took time out from working outside to make me an egg mc muffin. 

The morning went quickly, as we gathered the trash but Evie waited until the afternoon to take it to the Transfer Station. It's clear that she seems to be doing quite well without my help. Lunch was another one of Wegman's soup and a cheese sandwich and then I was ready to take a nap. I went upstairs, arranged the pillows so I was sitting up and fell asleep for a good hour to an hour and a half. When I woke up, Evie had driven to the Transfer Station and decided to take time out from potting her dahlias to cut the lawn, again, to get some exercise, and make it look like a golf green. I went outside and sat in an Adirondack chair and watched her mow, take time out to sit with me, then mow, then take timeout until everything was done. 

She closed up shop around 5:30 and I helped put things away although we left the dahlias out because we knew the night temperatures would stay in the 40s. Dinner was great, a couple of tilapia filets baked in a lemon/pepper sauce, along with rice and a salad. Yum. We watched the last two episodes of Season Six of ER. The final episode finally has Carol and Doug reunite, and neither will return to the series and go in to star in films and other TV series. Both are talented and charismatic. We ended the night with a couple of episodes of The Last Thing He Told Me. And I wish the writers would stop using the cliche of the bitchy daughter who refuses to listen and gets her family in trouble. It started with 24 and goes on and on. It's so predictable. I always wondered why it was usually the daughter and not the son. I then watched the first half of the Lakers/ Golden State game. Lebron was amazing, all over the court, leading the Lakers to a twenty-point half-time lead. They ended up winning by twenty-seven. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...