Wednesday, May 3, 2023

More of The Same

6:54

8:14

Well, it's 7:59, 33ºº, with gray skies and drizzle and I feel just the same, lousy. Despite taking some cough medicines, none of them seemed to make much difference in my cold, and in how I feel. I guess this is something I will have to wait out with patience, not my strong suit. Wow, two herons just flew by my living room window, perhaps landing somewhere along the Victoria shoreline

Finch

Loon

Yesterday was a carbon copy of the previous three or four days. It rained on and off most of the day, the lake in front of our three houses was filled with buffleheads, at least 50 of them feeding in the shallows. I also should mention I saw the first Baltimore oriole of the spring, so they are back. We need to get out the orange feeder to attract them.

I texted the doctor and he suggested Coricidin, so around 10:30, Evie drove off to Wegman's to pick some up and some Nyquil. She also bought dinner, a nice halibut filet, and a couple of Wegman's soups for my lunch. I had Mexican soup for lunch along with an English muffin and because I did know what to watch, I rewatched part of No Country For Old Men. Afterward, I tried to nap but lying down seems to bring on my coughing jags, so I didn't stay long upstairs.  I was able to rig up the couch so I was both sitting up some but also lying down so I was able to take a couple of cat naps.

Around 5:30, I took a shower, thinking that might loosen up some of my stuffiness and make me feel better. Dinner was lemon halibut with rice and a salad. We watched Colbert and Jeopardy, then started new series on Apple TV based on the best-selling book, The Last Thing He Told Me. I loved the book so I am interested to see how they translate it to film. We ended the night with ER of course. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...