Monday, May 22, 2023

36 Hours In Cleveland

6:25

6:36

We are up earlier than usual because we have to be on our way to Cleveland for some routine testing at the Cleveland Clinic. My first appointment is at 11:15 so we have to be off by 8:15 to make sure we get there on time. The good part is we are staying with my sister Linda and her husband Rich Monday night. As we were enjoying our coffee, we were shocked to see a red orb hanging over Long Point this morning, a peachy orange, a result supposedly of the smoke from wildfires out West. 

6:25

6:36

Yesterday was a perfect Spring day, sunny with temperatures in the 60s, great for working outside or just getting some sun. After a paddle and blog, we were in no hurry to get outside despite the nice day and just enjoyed it through our window with another cup of coffee. By 10:30, we finally got enough gumption to get out and start working in the yard. I did some edging around the beds and turned over the weeds in parts of the garden while Evie continue with the weeding after watering at least 30 dahlias in pots. They are beginning to sprout, green tendrils peeking up through the soil.

After working for a good hour or so we both relaxed in the shade in our chaise lounges until it was time for lunch. I finished off the kuru falsuye which I made a week ago if I remember. It lasted that long. While I was eating and watching basketball, Evie put together another pot of her vegetable soup and left it to simmer while she went outside to start working again. Before I napped, I began to mow a section of our neighbor's yard which needed it because the lawn guy never showed up. I finished my book, then fell asleep for maybe twenty minutes. I was refreshed, sort of, and went back out and finished up mowing the lawn just about the same time that Evie finished cutting ours. I then went out on the dock and tossed the fishing line in for ten minutes; it's what I call zen fishing, goalless, because I never catch a fish. 

We enjoyed the late afternoon on the porch with a glass of wine until Evie decided she was hungry and went in the kitchen and put together our dinner, for me, the leftover Weiner schnitzel from last night's dinner, for her, eggs, and home fries. We decided to stick with the tried and true, and watched an episode of both ER and The Americans, ending the night with me staying up and watching basketball. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...