Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Partly Cloudy and 47º

6:32

6:32

8:06

It's 8:10 and I was out paddling for forty-five minutes, over to Long Point, across to Sandy Bottom, and home, my usual paddle. I saw little waterfowl, a few rafts of buffleheads but that was about it. It looks like a cloudy morning but a sunny afternoon, perfect for lying around the house and doing nothing. 

Kayak Morning

Long Point

Blue Skies

Paddling North

Yesterday was a good day for Evie, and decent for me as I am starting to cough less. I did get in a short paddle in the morning which was great. After breakfast and the blog, I took a shower to perk myself up but since I only got four hours of sleep, I was tired alas, no mojo. Evie was determined to get her dahlias done so she was out mid-morning, cleaning and planting more dahlias.

She took time out to make my lunch, tuna sandwiches and then, because she was running out of potting soil, she drove to Lakewood and did some shopping at Walmart. Not only did she get potting soil, but a New York cheesecake for my dessert. Yum. During lunch, I watched some of the NBA games, then took another great nap, close to two hours. Maybe that's why I am getting only four or five hours of sleep a night. Evie finished up her planting by 4:00 and we covered all the dahlias in boxes with blankets in case it got too cold. As long as it stays in the 40s, they will be fine. I finished my mystery by Ian Rankin, Knots And Crosses, and started Small Things Like These, shortlisted for the Booker Prize.

By 5:30, we were relaxing in the living room, tired from our day, or Evie was. Earlier, she pulled a beef stew out of the freezer so that was our dinner along with mashed potatoes and a salad. It tasted really good. We watched a film called Side Effects, a convoluted murder involving a woman who fakes depression. We ended the night with Celebrity Jeopardy and another ER. I was happy to get back to my book, set in Ireland in the 1980s. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...