Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Mostly Sunny

6:22

8:41

It's 6:45 and I have been up for half an hour. The sun was up at 6:15, filling the living room with its light. It's a coolish 42º this morning and will get up into the high 50s later in the day, with lots of sun. It's 8:45 and I had an uneventful 50-minute paddle, over to the Boat House shore, along Long Point, across to Sandy Bottom, and home. 

Kayak Morning

North

Our days don't change much recently. It just depends on the weather I guess. I got in an early paddle and had enough mojo to stay out for forty-five minutes. After the blog and breakfast, I was not sure what to do with my morning but then the dock guys arrived. So while Evie continued to work on working in her garden, I oversaw the putting in of the dock, making sure it was straight, and answering any questions the guys had about putting it in. It took close to two hours to put in our dock, mostly because the end pieces are in deep water and the guys have to submerge at times to get it right. They also put in our neighbor's dock so they were here most of the morning. By noon, one of the major undertakings of each spring was done. Back in the day, I used to do it with a friend from Reserve but I am happy to have someone do it for me.

Lunch was the leftover beef stew with mashed potatoes and I watched the second half of the Lakers/Warriors game. I was really whooped by 1:30 and could not wait to go upstairs and take a nap. It's amazing how tired I get, and how I lose my mojo quickly. I slept for an hour and a half and did not feel refreshed, just tired which is typical after a long nap. By 3:00, Evie was done and then decided to mow the lawn although it hardly needed it. Mowing for Evie is a kind of therapy so I never question her need to mow, mow, mow. She was done by 5:00 because she had a Zoom call with her sisters. 

Before mowing, she sauteed mushrooms and sweet Italian sausage, added tomatoes, and we had a pasta sauce.  She let it simmer while mowing and I occasionally checked it to make sure it was not boiling. That's the extent of my help. Dinner tasted extraordinarily good so we both must have been hungry. We are still looking for something new to watch so we stuck with the old standbys, finishing with ER and Jeopardy Masters. It's fun to see contestants once again that we became familiar with when they were on a winning streak. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...