Friday, May 26, 2023

Fog Rising

 

A Great Blue Heron Morning

6:27

It's a beautiful, sunny morning, the fog rising over both Tom's Point and Long Point. It's 41º so Evie's dahlias are safe although the weather app predicted frost in some areas away from the lake. It looks like another pleasant lake, day, the high just in the mid 60s. We are excited because today, my sister Ellen will be driving in from Virginia and will spend Memorial Day Weekend with us. It looks like good weather, not too warm, with highs in the 70s. It's 9:24 and I had a great paddle for over an hour. The lake was smooth, with no wind, and I don't think it could have been a better morning to kayak on the lake. 

Kayak Morning

Fog Rising

Paddling North

Muskrat Heading Home

Safe In His Den

Yesterday was a busy day, mostly for Evie, because I am still not feeling myself, still coughing, tired, etc. O, well, carry on. I didn't get in a paddle because Chris was dropping off our boat. He came by later than I thought, at 9:30, so I helped him tie it up and get it docked for the summer. He then rode his bike back to his truck, refused our offer of a ride, a good kid or guy I guess. It's difficult to remember much of the morning as usual as they all seem to blend. I know that around 10:30, I got bored with feeling tired and volunteered to wash some windows on the north side of the house. So as I washed outside, she washed them inside and dusted the blinds, both of us in our living. room. It didn't take long but took a lot out of me. So I relaxed and read until lunch, another bowl of Evie's soup and a cheese sandwich, and watched a new series on PBS since both Netflix and HBO Max seem to be enforcing their sharing. We have benefited from being on our kid's apps but it looks like that's no longer an option so we will have to pay.

While I was having lunch, Evie took off for Wegman's, to shop for the weekend. I took a good nap finally and woke just before she got home. I helped bring in the groceries and cleared out the dishwasher, my final tasks of the day. We both took it easy although it seems that Evie spent much of the day washing and drying clothes and sheets. Around 5:00, Evie put together our dinner, a ham and scalloped potatoes casserole along with a salad and brussels sprouts. While the ham and potatoes were baking, we enjoyed a glass of wine and our always amazing view of the lake. Dinner hit the spot as I loved both the casserole and the sprouts. Finally, I had an appetite. Our viewing doesn't change much, especially since we not longer have a couple of channels. So we watched our usuals, Jeopardy Masters, which James Holzhauer won, then The Americans and ER, both fortunately on Hulu. I ended the night with the first quarter of the Celtics' win over Miami. They seem to have found their mojo after three discouraging losses. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...