Saturday, May 6, 2023

A Morning Filled With Sunshine

7:31

8:11

It's nice to wake up to some sun, peaking in our bedroom window. Unfortunately, it might not last long as the clouds are coming mid-morning. It's 46º and will get up into the high 50s later in the day. And I can finally say I feel a bit better, even sleeping in until 7:10. 

Yesterday was another annoying day of cough jags and attempts to get comfortable and find a position where I didn't cough. And I had a bad night, coming downstairs to sleep at 3:00 so I was not in a great mood much of Friday. Fortunately, I had wonder woman around to take care of me. Once our morning coffee was over and the blog was done, she made me an omelet, made me eat it even if I had no appetite, then drove off to do some shopping at Wegmans. While she was gone, I either read or tried to nap to no avail.

Evie returned with a car full of groceries and plants, having stopped at Mike's Nursery in Lakewood. I helped unpack and then relaxed, tuckered out from doing something. For lunch, Evie had bought soups from Wegmans, so she heated that up for me and it tasted good. The rest of the afternoon for me was the same, figure out a way to stop coughing and get some rest. Evie, however, was a dynamo, mowing the yard, planting some herbs, drilling holes in yogurt cartons for her dahlias, and getting everything ready for planting them in the next couple of days. Earlier, she convinced me to write my doctor and ask for a prescription for cough medicine with codeine. Around 5:00, I got a message that he sent the request to Wegman's so Evie hopped in her car, yep, the Kia is her car, and drove to Wegmans, picked up my prescription, and was home by 6:00, ready to relax with a libation. 

She also picked up a Peruvian chicken dinner, with potatoes and Brussel sprouts for me so all it needed was to be heated up. So with a salad and leftover chicken parm, we had tasty dinners. We watched our shows, nothing new, unfortunately, then ended the night with ER. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...