Thursday, May 11, 2023

A Bright Shinny Morning

6:43

7:10

8:58

It's 7:20 and the sun and its reflection on the lake are so bright that it's hard to look outside. It's 48º with a light southerly wind, a perfect morning for kayaking. I hope I have the mojo to get out there for a paddle. Well, it's just after 9:00 and I paddled down to Bootey Bay and back, for about an hour. The buffleheads seemed to have left. I did get a couple of shots of bald eagles, making my morning.

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Pair Of Bald Eagles

Bald Eagle

Osprey In Blue

Yesterday was a productive day, mostly because we had help from our friend, Austin, who did a few things both around the house and outdoors, things I might do but don't feel up to it because of my cold. The day started with an exhausting paddle, as I went too far and was really tired by the time I got home. So after breakfast, I took it easy while Austin worked and Evie continued with her efforts to get the garden beds ready for the dahlias, a never-ending task because of those pesky weeds.

Mallards On The Dock

Lesser Scaup

We had lunch around 12:30, toasted cheese sandwiches on the porch and I then adjourned upstairs to take another much-needed nap. When I woke, Austin was gone and Evie was still working in the yard. I helped some and ended up taking three more pails of deadfall up the hill.  By 5:00, I cleaned up the yard, covered the plants and Evie was able to relax for the first time all day. It felt good because the three of us had gotten a lot done, getting ready for summer.

Dinner was as usual lately, leftover spaghetti with sausage mushrooms, along with rolls and a nice salad, just right. Evie was excited to watch the stupid Trump town hall on CNN. It was not on until 8:00 so we watched our usuals until then. After ten minutes, I had enough of his lies and bullying, as well as an audience that tended to cheer him on. Evie lasted maybe a half hour before we watched something highbrow and more fun, Jeopardy Masters and Celebrity Wheel Of Fortune. Once Evie went up to bed, I watched a quarter of the Lakes/Warriors game but had enough, feeling that Golden State would win and they did. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...