Friday, May 19, 2023

Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Rain

6:25

6:42

It's 6:22 and I have been up for an hour, unfortunately, watching the wind pick up on a partly cloudy morning. Now, it's 6:42 and the sun just popped up above the clouds, filling the living room with its light. I was out close to an hour, paddling down to the Power Boat Club and back, shooting a couple of ospreys. It was good to see our neighbors, Tina and Jim were out kayaking as well. They love an early morning paddle as much as me. 

Kayak Morning

Osprey At Sandy Bottom

Mallard

Yesterday felt like normal because I started the day with a good paddle, came home and had breakfast and wrote the blog but then took off for a Yin Yoga class for the first time in three weeks. It felt good to get back, to bend and stretch for an hour, to see many of my fellow friends again. I was a bit uncomfortable trying to control my cough but other than that, I enjoyed class. Afterward, I stopped in at Ryder's Cup, talked briefly with Dave, then stopped at SavALot to pick up a few things for our dinner. 

Evie was busy while I was gone, cleaning out the linen closet, organizing all our junk, and throwing lots away. I had the leftover lemon chicken for lunch and watched the second half of the Celtics/Heat game before relaxing, doing some reading, and taking a brief nap. Evie was able to enjoy reading in the side yard during much of the afternoon, taking time off from her garden. I spent an hour getting the buoys ready to be put in the lake when it's calm, something I do every Spring and take out every Fall. It just takes time to get them ready with cement block anchors. 

We enjoyed a wine time before our dinner, then Evie got busy in the kitchen, grilling a couple of steaks, baking potatoes, roasting cauliflower, sauteeing mushrooms,  and making a salad. We had a feast and we decided to watch The Americans (2013-2018), a series we loved. We ended up watching two episodes, then ER before Evie went up to bed and I watched the first half of the Lakes/Nuggets game. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...