Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Waiting

Living It Up With Our Euclid Family

6:15 On Lake Erie

Fishing For Walleye

It's just 6:00 on an overcast morning. I a sitting in my sister Linda's family room, look out at the vastness of Lake Erie, as the lake and horizon seem to melt into one. It's a gray morning here, 54º, and should get up into the 60s later in the day. Today, we head home but not before a big breakfast, compliments of my brother-in-law Rich, and requisite Cleveland stops at Costco and Trader Joe's. It 6:30 and I just walked down to the beach, took some photos, heard the sound of purple martins, and saw them swooping above the lake. Unlike Chautauqua, Linda and Rich's home does not get a sunrise but amazing sunsets. We are both fortunate to be living on water and love it. 

Lake Erie Beach

We left yesterday morning at 8:15 and arrived at the Cleveland Clinic campus by 10:45. We circled around seven parking floors of their garage before finding a place to park on the roof. My first appointment was not until 11:30 so we thought we made could time. 

Downtown Cleveland

When we checked in, we found my first appointment had not been sanctioned by Blue Cross, Blue Shield, so we had to wait until registration called and got the ok. Still,  we made it on time for my appointment. Why we hurried is a good question. We ultimately did not get to see a doctor until 1:00 although my appointment was at 11:30. Waiting. This meant my next two appointments had to be rescheduled, so I spent a good part of the afternoon, waiting for an echo, waiting for a CT scan, and waiting to see a doctor although she had yet to get the results of my test so we did not have much to discuss other than waiting. My appointments with the nurses and two doctors basically consisted of them asking me the same questions and answers that I supposedly had already filled out on MYChart's pre-registration. It was not a good day at the Cleveland Clinic.

6:48

The only bright spot to the day was we were staying at my sister's for the night rather than driving home to the lake. We arrived in Euclid by 5:20 and it was nice to not have to wait for a glass of wine or appetizers. Linda and Rich are always great hosts. We sat around talking and fortunately, they had mentioned to their kids we would be in town so three of our nieces and nephews stopped over to have a drink with us. It was great to see them, and all doing well. Unlike us, where all our kids live plane rides away, they have three kids who live within a mile, the fourth just a half hour away. So their lake house is always a gathering spot for family, especially the grandchildren, most weekends, holidays, and birthdays, How great is that. 

All but their daughter, Kirsten, left by 7:00 and Rich put the finishing touch on the ribs,  out on the grill. Dinner was great, ribs, baked potatoes, coleslaw, and a cucumber salad, with an apple tart and vanilla ice cream for dessert. We stayed up talking until 10:00 although I was so tired that I went up to bed early, at 9:30. 

New Think: "Old Age I have decided is a gift. I am grateful to be alive, a blessing many will never enjoy."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...