Thursday, May 4, 2023

Same

7:06

It's 7:25 and I have been up for a couple of hours, unable to sleep because of my coughing. It's 41º out, a bit warmer than yesterday and although it will be overcast most of the day, no rain is predicted.  The blog is late today because I just got back from the doctor's office. He thinks I have a sinus infection and prescribed an antibiotic. Let's hope it works. 

I cannot remember much about yesterday because it blends in with the past five days.  Up early, wrote the blog, didn't feel like breakfast, and coughed on and off. I am taking some over-the-counter medicines but they don't seem to be doing much good. I don't feel terrible, no fever, just tired and annoyed with my cough. Evie made me French toast around 11:00 and it was the first meal that tasted good to me. I devoured it. I watched most of the Lakers/Golden State games from the previous night. 

After the game and lunch, I  read some and napped briefly. The afternoon was more of the same, reading, coughing, drinking liquids, and taking a few pills. The gray day and drizzle clearly fit my mood. Evie worked out and showered although it's hard to feel like doing anything with my lying around the house, feeling sorry for myself.

Dinner was chicken parmesan over pasta but I  was not very hungry, unfortunately. We watched some of our usuals but we are having trouble with some of the channels so it looks like we will have to call Spectrum. We were able to get the premium channels, so we ended up watching ER again. I did have a bowl of vanilla ice cream for dessert and it tasted good on my throat and seemed to help my cough, I thought I found a panacea for a bit for the cough then returned. Rats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...