Thursday, May 18, 2023

Sunny And A Chilly 37º

6:40

7:40

It's a bit overcast on this chilly morning; we even had a frost on our car windows. A light wind from the south makes for a good morning paddle as long as it does not pick up. It's after 9:00 and I got in a good paddle, 50 minutes, down to Bootey Bay and home, chasing off at least two or three herons and getting a good photo of an osprey, a chilly but good morning on the lake

Kayak Morning

Blue Northern Sky

Osprey

Yesterday was a day much like Tuesday, with me taking off and doing some shopping while Evie stayed home to work some in the garden and mow the lawn. It was too windy to kayak so I had a long morning coffee and breakfast, not moving until 10:30. I then drove into Lakewood, stopping at both Tractor Supply and then Walmart to pick up some things for dinner as well as the garden, a new rake, and fertilizer for plants and trees. As always, Walmart is packed with shoppers, making me wonder who works around here during the day, certainly not me!

I was home around 12:15 and Evie had already started on mowing the lawn. I warmed up my white bean stew for lunch and enjoyed it along with some hummus and crackers. I watched the second half of the Lakes/Nuggets game during lunch, then read and napped briefly before going outside and helping Evie some by trimming our privets which needed it once again. At 4:00, I drove over to Joe's for a gathering of the breakfast guys. We sat around his garage for over an hour, talking about what else, our health and travels recently. It was good to see them after missing our gatherings for three weeks. 

When I got home and walked in the house, I could smell Evie's cooking, one of my favorites, Greek lemon chicken. We had that along with rice, zucchini, and a salad and it seemed like we were back to normal, like life before I got a cold, in other words, we were back to routine. We watched some ER, then tried The Diplomat again but it got so confusing and silly that we had enough and went back to Jeopardy Masters. I ended the night watching the first half of the Celtics/Heat game, then went up to bed to read some. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...