Friday, May 12, 2023

A Busy Day In Evie's Garden

6:43

8:47

It's 7:20, and the sun is out on a hazy morning. It's a toasty 51º already and the lake looks prime for kayaking, hardly a breeze. It's just about 9:00 and I paddled down to the Power Boat Club and back, 50 minutes, with no interesting birds, no herons, osprey, or eagles, just a few mallards. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Yesterday was a beautiful Spring day, with sun most of the day and temperatures in the 60s, perfect for working outside. I got in a good paddle, photographed an eagle and osprey before breakfast and finished the blog. Evie wanted to finish the weeding although it seems as though it's never finished. So by 10:00, we were both out there, weeding areas. I use a couple of tools, one to scrape the sod off, another to break up the dirt, and a basket for the weeds and grasses. My favorite tool is a Japanese weeding sickle. Because I am still lacking mojo, I worked for 20 minutes, then relaxed, then went back to work. Evie does the same thing so we enjoy not only the garden but relaxing in the sun. 

By 12:30, I was enjoying my lunch and watching some basketball. Evie made me a favorite, fried potato pancakes using the leftover mashed potatoes along with a couple of fried eggs. Yum. After lunch, I took another good nap and seem to need it since I have been sick. We were planning on going shopping in the afternoon and getting a few things done but Evie made a deal. If I would go shopping, she would stay and continue the weeding. So I was off by 3:00, hit the bank, Home Depot, Wegman's, and Evan's fancy new wine and booze store. I was home by 4:30 and Evie was done in the garden so I helped put things away, bringing some of the plants onto the porch for the night.

We relaxed with a glass of wine, the first for me in a couple of weeks until it was time for dinner. I bought tilapia at Wegman's so Evie baked the filets, made rice and a salad and we had dinner. We watched a movie called The Wife, about a writer who wins a Nobel Prize. Evie had read the book so she knew the plot but I slowly learned that his wife has done most of the writing and that he's a fraud. It was worth watching, especially Glenn Close as the wife. We ended the night with Celebrity Wheel Of Fortune and another ER. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...