Wednesday, December 21, 2022

The Sun Welcomes The Winter Solstice

7:10

7:30

8:45

It's 7:30 and I slept in until 7:00, waking to a colorful morning sky, so welcome after so many days of gray. It continues to be chilly, 22º and the temperature will continue to drop over the next few days. I did manage to kayak but I had to break the ice along the shoreline to get my kayak in the water then avoid ice floes as I paddled south, then back north because I could not get beyond the reeds because of the ice. Still, it was a fun paddle.

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Victoria/Woodlawn

A Huddle Of Sea Gulls

Buffleheads Or Mergansers

Yesterday I was surprised to be able to kayak as I thought for sure the lake would be frozen. I chased off not only geese but swans, alas, as they would not let me get close. Tuesday was yoga with Courtney and I was one of four regulars there. It was a hard class but I liked it. I then stopped at Ryders Cup and shot the breeze with both Dave and Paul until almost noon. I then gassed up the car and drove home.

Evie was busy making a few appetizers but had time to make me a couple of egg salad sandwiches on toast.  I watched another episode of Darkwind, then read and napped as my routine does not change much these days. Around 4:30, I found some mojo and went for a fine walk in the woods for forty five minutes while Evie talked on the phone with her sisters. When I got home, I talked with Beth before they drive off to Santa Fe for the Christmas holidays with their kids. After our phone calls, we relaxed until dinner, Evie with wine and me with a Paloma, Squirt and a shot of tequila, a nice change.

Dusk

The Darkening Woods

By 6:30 we were both in the kitchen, with Evie prepping and me cooking our Asian dinner in a wok. Lots of veggies, like cabbage, broccoli, onions, bean sprouts, and mushrooms, with chicken coated with hot bean sauce. We had it over rice and it was just right, just what we wanted. We watched a film from 2004 called Man On Fire, about a kidnapping in Mexico City and Denzel Washington getting revenge. Despite the five stars, it was pretty bad, with ridiculous violence contrasted with the touching relationship between Denzel and the young girl who is kidnapped. We then watched some news, and basketball, before going up to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...