Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Sunshine And Snow And Warming

7:32


8:00

8:14

It's 8:30 as I start this Evie's still sleeping and I have been up for only an hour. It's a beautiful morning on the lake, the sun has just risen above the trees, and outside, all is white, the lake and yard. The ice fishermen are out early perhaps because the temperatures have risen this morning to 27º, toasty compared to the single digits this past weekend. It seemed strange having the sun out because I had to move around the living room so I could avoid its brightness, making it difficult to type on the computer. 

In The Deep

I enjoyed yesterday because I was able to get in some exercise both indoors and out. I miss kayaking in the morning but there's not much I  can do about it with the lake frozen. So I have an extra cup of coffee and stretch out my morning rituals, coffee, the blog, and a breakfast of homemade granola, chia seeds, hemp hearts, yogurt, and blueberries. Once Evie gets up, we finish the blog and I get moving because she still wants to relax with a second cup of coffee. By 10:30, Evie was happy to stay home and get some things done around the house but I wanted to go for a walk. So I drove to the end of Lakeside Drive in Bemus and walked Long Point State Park for forty-five minutes despite the 17º temperatures. It was a bit cold walking into the wind, but I loved it. And, as usual, I was the only one hiking although there were lots of fat tire tracks from bikers. 

Long Point Trail

The Woods

I was home by noon and by 12:30, I was enjoying the last of the leftover Salisbury steak and mashed potatoes. I am sticking with Jack Ryan and watched an episode before deciding to read some and see if I could nap.  I could. We were having shrimp and asparagus for dinner with sundried tomatoes and wine, so Evie prepped it before her Zoom call at 5:00. While she zoomed, I did some yoga for a half hour, something I needed to feel good.

We ate the shrimp and asparagus over ziti and along with a salad and naan, we were happy. We watched the rest of Inside Man with Stanley Tucci. Towards the end, it became intense but then just seemed to stop after the denouement. Strange. We then watched a documentary on HBOMax called Love, Lizzo, about her climb to the pop stardom of Lizzo. She's an amazing performer but also a proud spokesperson and example for Big Girls. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...