Saturday, December 3, 2022

Road Trip To Virginia

7;32

It's just after 7:00, as the darkness has just begun to fade. It's 47º so it looks like we will have some rain on the way but no snow or ice. We are going ot celebrate my brother-in-law Walt's life on Monday and will stay with our daughter Jill. Like yesterday morning, duck hunters are out, occasionally filling the air with their barrage of gunshots. Now the sky has lightened and I am surprised to see Thursday's snowfall has completely melted and once again, we have a green front yard. 

Friday I got in my first paddle in a couple of weeks but because of the water level, I returned with soakers in my boots. After the usual, breakfast and the blog, I did some packing, thinking about what I would need for the next couple of days. And I watched some of the Brazil/South Korean World Cup match. 

By 11:00, I was organized enough to drive off for a body scan at my dermatologist's in Lakewood. At least our doctor's appointments give us something to do or we would never leave the house. I had a few spots frozen and will be back in six months. After the visit, I stopped at a busy Wegman's and noticed that next door, the parking lot was freshly paved and partially filled with workers' cars as they get the former Kmart building ready for a Target. Wegman's was busy but I did not have much to get so I ended up going through the self-checkout to save time.

Evie had lunch ready when I got home, chicken salad sandwiches to go with matzo ball soup. I watched another couple of episodes of Deadwind. I am into a new book, Kate Atkinson's Shrines Of Gaiety, set in London, just after WWI. I also napped of course, finished my packing for the weekend, and read, having no wish to get outside because of the wind and cold. 

We had a brief happy hour before Evie made dinner, warming up the leftover moussaka in the Air Fryer along with rolls. With a salad, we were happy, watching Jeopardy and a couple of episodes of The Crown and treating ourselves to a nutty buddy for dessert. Evie went up to bed early so I watched the last quarter or two of the Lakes/Bucks game before bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...