Friday, December 16, 2022

Gray But Quiet And Calm

 

7:28

9:13

It's 7:35 and I have been up for an hour. I am surprised by the calm outside after yesterday's winds and rain. There's not a ripple on this 34º morning. It's now 9:15 and I was out kayaking for an hour, north to Whitney Bay and back. I usually don't paddle north because of the lack of ducks or eagles but this time it was a muskrat ramble as I photographed three of them, diving to the bottom. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

South

Long Point


Muskrat Head Shot

Swimming

Thursday was about as nasty day as I can remember here at the lake, with heavy winds, rain, and sleet on and off most of the day. The roads and walks were icy so we had to be careful. Fortunately, it was Thursday so I had breakfast rather than kayaking over at the Lake Life Cafe, an empty cafe most mornings. When I returned home, it was back to routine, breakfast, and blog before driving off to a Yin Yoga class in Lakewood. As always, it's the most popular class and I had some difficulty finding a place for my mat.

I was home by 11:40 and had lunch, the leftover chicken and rice, and watched my show. I then read until it was time to go with Evie to Jamestown for a blood test. The roads were wet but fortunately, did not seem to be icy so we were there on time. Afterward, we stopped at Aldi's and picked up some goodies for the holidays much to our surprise. We were home by 3:30 and neither of us had much mojo so we either read or watched TV until it was time for dinner. Evie had put together a flatbread just before wine time so we had that along with minestrone soup and a salad. We finished our series, Fleishman Is In Trouble, and really liked it. It chronicles the angst of couples in their forties who think back to their 20s when all was potential only to realize that now life has not been kind to them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...