Saturday, December 10, 2022

Blue Skies And Cold

8:02

9:08

How strange to see the sun this morning, the blue skies. I even had to move around the living room to find a seat that wasn't blasted by the sun. I am not complaining on a 25º morning. Well, it's still sunny and bright and I just returned from a forty-five minutes paddle, into the wind and chop strong enough so I could have floated back home. I saw a couple of mallards but that's about it other than shotgun blasts filling the air. Also, the idiot that I am, I finally discovered how to increase the volume on my air pods when kayaking. Just say, Hey Siri, increase the volume. Otherwise, I have to take off my gloves, unzip my pocket, pull out my phone, find the volume and increase it. 

Kayak Morning

A Blue Northern Sky

Victoria/Woodlawn

Paddling South

We had a good Friday, mostly because I was able to kayak and we went for a walk around the Chautauqua Institution around 11:00. My morning was a bit different because, after the paddle and blog, I watched the World Cup game between Brazil and Croatia. Unfortunately, I did not extend the time so I missed the shootout which Croatia won. It was one of those futbol games where Brazil outshot and outplayed Croatia but couldn't score and lost in a shootout. That's futbol I guess. We had a good walk around the CI and it seemed empty as we were the only ones out walking the streets. Bestor Plaza is decorated for Christmas and we thought it would be neat to walk in the early evening and see all the lights. 

We were home by 12:30 and Evie made me a luncheon favorite, Wienerschnitzel sandwiches on sourdough bread with mayo and tomatoes. Yum, Yum. We had a leisurely afternoon of reading, napping and watching more futbol before I drove to Lakewood and got an oil change. When I returned we decided to make dinner, a recipe I found on Facebook, Sweet Potato and Red Lentil Curry with garbanzo beans, spices, coconut milk, and spinach. We made it in the Instant pot so, after ten minutes of prepping and browning the onions and garlic, we added the spices, beans, lentils, and chicken stock, turned on the pot for one minute, then let it sit for three minutes before allowing the pressure to release and viola, we had dinner. All we had to do was add the coconut milk and spinach, We let it sit till dinner, warmed it up, and served it over rice.

Dusk At 5:15

Once the dinner was made, we enjoyed a Manhattan night, our first in three weeks, with good cheese and crackers. By 5:15, we had a lovely dusk, the sky clear, the setting sun lighting Long Point. We listened to music until 6:30 when we had our tasty veggie curry with rice. We watched our usual, Colbert and Jeopardy, some HGTV, and Evie went up to bed.  I watched some of the Cavs game before following her. It was a good day. 

Late Autumn Moon At 6:30


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...