Thursday, December 22, 2022

Overcast With Temperatues In the 30s

7:24

7:51

9:06

It's an unusual morning because it's just 7:00 and both of us are up, enjoying coffee and on our devices, reading and texting. It's after 9:00 and I had breakfast in Bemus with Jack, as just the two of us are around. The cook actually came out and thanked us for coming on most Thursdays. How neat. 

Ice Skating

Wednesday turned out to be a good day, mostly because I could get in a paddle early before driving to a yoga class at 9:40, after breakfast, and after the blog.  Class was more strenuous than usual and I found myself reverting to child's pose. After class, I drove to a ridiculously busy Wegmans, making me wonder if anyone works anymore or if they are all retirees like me. Fortunately,  I found most of what we needed and was happy to be on my way home.

Hudling Gulls

An Outsider

I had lunch, a bagel with hummus and Pho. For some reason, I couldn't get Netflix or Prime, just the regular channels so I watched ESPN, not my show. I finally unplugged the TV, waited a few minutes, then plugged it back in and that worked. The rest of the afternoon we relaxed, especially Evie who was not feeling well. Around 4:00, I finally got around to changing our flag which was in tatters. I had a Turkish flag sitting around in our closet so I decided to put it up, hoping people realize it's not the Russian flag with a hammer and sickle.  I also read and napped, then showered and got ready to go to the Woodlawn gathering.  Evie was feeling even worse so she decided to stay home in case she was coming down with the flu.

Hearty Woodlawners

Our neighbors, Barb and Jim, have had this gathering for the last couple of years for those of us who stay for most of the winter. Everyone brings an appetizer and a libation and we feast and enjoy the holiday season. This year there were nine of us and we hardly made it out of the kitchen, at least while I was there. The appetizers were amazing and it was fun to get together in the winter. I left early, around 9:00, and came home to make sure Evie was ok. She still felt off but better than earlier in the evening. We both went up to bed early, which perhaps is why we are both up now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...