Friday, December 23, 2022

Awaiting The Arctic Blast

8:03

Turkish Flag A Flying

It's 7:50 and both of us our up, listening to the wind howl, the duck hunter blasts as it sleets out our window. At the moment it's 32º, but by 2:00 in the afternoon, it's supposed to be close to zero. I don't think I will be kayaking this morning, and probably not walking either. The winds are coming from the southeast and a few small branches are already down in our front yard.

Yesterday was get ready for the wild weather this weekend kind of day. It was too windy to kayak which was fine because I met a friend for breakfast at the Lake Life Cafe. After breakfast, I came home, finished the blog, and drove off to my last yoga class of 2022 because the studio will be closed next week. It was a crowded class, as everyone seemed to want to get in one more class before the holidays. After class, I did a quick run through Aldi's, to get Evie's favorite kind of lettuce as well as a whole chicken for dinner.

Evie had a nice pot of veggie soup ready for my lunch when I returned and made salami sandwiches with tomato and lettuce on brioche rolls, the best. I watched my show along with lunch and was a happy boy despite the weather. I then relaxed with my book, finished it, and started a new one, The Bullet That Missed, by Richard Osman. This is my third book by him set in a retirement home, the residence of the Thursday Murder Club. They are fun reads. 

Neither of us did much the rest of the afternoon. Around 4:00, our neighbors Barb and Jim stopped by with pumpkin bread and a plate of Christmas cookies. We then relaxed with a good glass of wine after Evie spatchcocked the chicken and put it in the oven. It was ready by 6:15 and we had it for dinner along with stuffed shells, leftovers from the previous night's gathering, and a salad. We then started a movie, then a series until we settled on something we seem to like, Inside Man, with Stanley Tucci. Evie went up to bed early so I watched some football until 10:00. I hope we are ready for the weekend weather, snow, below-zero temperatures, and wind.


New Think: "Man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides." Andre Malraux

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...