Thursday, December 15, 2022

A Miserable Lake Morning

7:53

9:06

It's 7:15 and the lake and sky are just beginning to be visible, both a dark blue still. It could not be a more miserable morning with heavy winds, pouring rain, and a choppy lake. Clearly, I will not be kayaking. It's 9:00 and I just returned from breakfast in Bemus, the roads are decent, but the walks are icy.

Yesterday was another good day, starting with short kayaking because the lake had iced up in some areas but I was able to get good photographs of the hundreds of huddled seagulls just off of Long Point. I then drove to Lakewood, to yoga, where we started with one of my favorite warmups, Joints and Glands. Everyone liked it. After class, I stopped at Ryders for a coffee and talked with Dave and then I had a hankering for a quick run through Walmart for some reason so I picked up a few things we needed for the weekend and was home by 12:30.

While I was gone, Evie made a pot of her sister Claire's recipe for minestrone soup. We both loved it and I had turkey sandwiches along with it for lunch. After lunch, I read, napped briefly then watched along with Evie the first half of the World Cup match between France and Morocco which France won 2-0, setting up the finals on Sunday at 9:00 with Argentina. At 3:00, the guys were getting to gather for Christman beers at Joe's garage. Evie made Rachel Ruebens for appetizers and we stayed until 5:00. It's the last time we will see a couple of guys till Spring because they will be spending the winter in Florida.

The Boys

When I got home, Evie had dinner ready, chicken with masala sauce with mushroom, broccoli and spinach. While it simmered, we watched the end of the France/Morocco game since I missed it, then enjoyed a glass of wine in our living room before dinner. Dinner was great and we decided to watch a fairly new series on Hulu called Fleishman Is In Trouble, which analyzes the breakup of an upscale New York couple's marriage, starring Claire Danes and Jesse Eisenberg. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...